Cookies are small pieces of data stored on your device (computer or mobile device). They are often used as a mechanism for websites to remember useful information, such as your preferences and history of pages you have visited. We use both session and persistent cookies on this website.
Cookies can be “Persistent” or “Session” Cookies. Persistent Cookies remain on your personal computer or mobile device when you go offline, while Session Cookies are deleted as soon as you close your web browser. Learn more about cookies: Cookies: What Do They Do?.
- To improve our customers’ experience when using the website. Specifically, we save user preferences so that they don’t have to enter information more than once during their visit.
- To help us understand how visitors interact with our site by providing us with analytical data about page visits and usage patterns. In particular, we use Google Analytics.
- To serve ads on behalf of our partners as part of our affiliate program. For example, we may serve ads from 3rd party vendors like Google Ads or other advertising networks that can be targeted to relevant users based on their browsing activities on the website.
What Types Of Cookies Do We Use?
- Necessary Cookies | Session & Persistent | These are essential to provide basic functionality such as page navigation and access secure areas of the website. Without these cookies, certain services cannot be provided.
- Functionality Cookies | Persistent | These Cookies allow us to remember choices you make when you use thehobbysource.com, such as remembering your login details or language preference. The purpose of these Cookies is to provide You with a more personal experience and to avoid having to re-enter your preferences every time you use the website(thehobbysource.com)
- Analytical/Performance Cookies | Session | These allow us to count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us improve the way our website in multiple different ways, such as performance, ease of finding content, errors that may occur.
- Targeting/Advertising Cookies | Persistent | These cookies collect information about your browsing habits in order to make advertising more relevant to you and your interests based on the sites you visit (e.g., through Google Ads). They also limit the number of times that you see an ad while browsing websites within their network, as well as measure the effectiveness of ad campaigns by tracking user engagement levels with them (e.g., clicks).
How Can I Manage Cookies Through thehobbysource.com?
When you first go to thehobbysource.com you should be greeted by a popup asking permission for cookie usage. You have 3 choices, “Accept All” in which you are agreeing for us to use all cookies, “Reject All” in which all cookies are rejected (not including the cookie used to remember cookie preference, this is required. This cookie does not collect or store any personal information) and “Customize” in which you can choose which cookies you consent to.
At any point in time you can change your Cookie Consent Preferences by clicking the blue cookie icon at the bottom left hand of the screen.
How Can I Manage The Cookie Settings On My Browser?
You can manage cookie settings from within most web browsers such as Chrome or Firefox by accessing ‘Settings’ then ‘Privacy & Security’. From there you should be able to choose which types of cookies will be enabled or disabled for each site you visit including ours. It is important however that if you do disable certain types of cookie some features or functions available through this site may not work correctly due to restricted access if relevant settings aren’t stored at all within browser memory over multiple visits etc.. Please refer directly to instructions from each browser’s developer/provider in order get further guidance related specifically related enabling / disabling individual types of cookie settings.
Any questions about Cookies?
Please feel free to reach to us at any time. Use our contact form to get in touch at https://thehobbysource.com/contact-us/